Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Pakatan Rakyat, see the Agong now! And we, the rakyat, will Hartal ISA to support you! Err, will we?

Pakatan Rakyat, see the Agong now! And we, the rakyat, will Hartal ISA to support you! Err, will we?
17 Sept, 2008

Today, I received many phone calls from concerned friends who told me that the government is considering detaining me under the Internal Security Act ‘very soon’. If that does happen, then this could probably be the last article I write, at least until 16 September 2008. So I too need Anwar to succeed. If not I will be in Kamunting for quite some time to come and you will not hear from me over the next couple of years.

Yes, I too have placed, not only my money, but also my freedom on Anwar. And if Anwar fails to deliver his promise on 16 September 2008, not only he but I as well am headed for a fall. But I have confidence he will do it. And I have confidence that my stay in Kamunting will not be for two years but for a mere two weeks.

But if I am wrong…..well, then see you maybe in six or seven years time, because for sure Najib Tun Razak will not release me in 2010 when he becomes Prime Minister. What he would do, instead, would be to rollover my two-year detention another two years, and another two years, and another two years, until I am too old to think and write anymore.

Till we meet again, if we do meet again, take care and keep the flame burning. There is still a long fight ahead of us in bringing reforms to this beloved country of ours’ - RPK, in his ‘High stakes poker game or gunfight at the OK Corral?’ post of 6th September.

There were 103 responses to my ‘So, do we Hartal ISA?’ post.

Most of you were in favour of such an effort.

My friends and I are ready to try and push for a Hartal ISA soon.

http://harismibrahim.wordpress.com/2008/09/17/pakatan-rakyat-see-the-agong-now-and-we-the-rakyat-will-hartal-isa-to-support-you-err-will-we/

No comments: