Friday, February 5, 2010

Saiful says Anwar was his idol

Saiful says Anwar was his idol

Friday, 05 February 2010

Saiful's and Rahimi's statements contradict each other

(The Malaysian Insider) - Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s accuser told the High Court today that he once idolised the Opposition Leader, describing himself as an “Anwar fan”.

Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan was recounting in court today on the third day of Sodomy II his experience when he first met his idol Anwar in March 2008, soon after the general elections that year.

“In March, my friend Rahimi Osman called me to come to his office in Petaling Jaya, Section 16. He had called because he wanted to chat with me and catch up on things.

“While talking at the office, he asked me whether I was employed. When I said that I was not working, he then asked me whether I wanted to become an assistant in Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s office,” said Saiful.

According to Saiful, Rahimi had told him that Anwar was short of office staff owing to the fact that staff members such as Nurul Izzah and Nik Nazmi Nik Ahmad were contesting in the elections at that point of time.

Saiful recounted how he was still divided over taking a job there when Rahimi took him to a meeting and introduced him to Anwar.

“I was shocked. I had not decided on anything yet when Anwar said, ‘I appreciate your helping us’. It was a signal as if he had accepted me there and then.” Saiful also told the court that he had always idolised Anwar because “Anwar is a charismatic leader.”

BUT THIS VIDEO SAYS THE OPPOSITE (SEE MINUTE 7 ONWARDS)

SEE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE HERE

No comments: